Archive centreBarrow
ReferenceBDFCPT
TitleTrinity Presbyterian Church, School Street, Barrow
DescriptionRegister of baptisms and marriages. Minute and Roll books, deeds and administrative records
Date1865-1971
LanguageEnglish
Extent70
ContextA mainly Scots congregation began meeting in 1865, initially in the Welsh Congregational Chapel, and later in the Temperance Hall. The Trinity Presbyterian Church in School Street, designed by Paley and Austin, opened in July 1875. The congregation was linked with St Andrew's church, Walney, in 1960, forming the Furness Presbyterian Church. The Trinity church building closed in 1971, although the halls continued in use for some years. In 1972, the Presbyterian and Congregational churches merged to form the United Reformed Church.
Catalogue levelFonds
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2019