Archive centreBarrow
ReferenceBDSO 102
TitleOld Pals Building Fund
DescriptionMinute book
Date1945-1961
Extent1 volume
ContextThe Old Pals Building Fund committee was formed on 19 February 1945 with the aim of providing meeting places for the senior citizens of the "65 Club" in six wards of Barrow-in-Furness. The first meeting place was opened on Walney on 15 May 1946. Subsequent clubs were opened on Barrow Island (Farm Street), Hindpool (Nelson Street), Brook Street, Ormsgill and Newbarns (Stackwood Avenue).
Catalogue levelFonds
Subject termsretirement
elderly
clubs and societies
economic and social development
charity
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2019