Archive centreBarrow
ReferenceBDSO 58
TitleDalton-In-Furness Bone Club
DescriptionMinutes, rules, correspondence and photographs.
Date1861-1998
LanguageEnglish
Extent9
ContextDalton-in-Furness Bone Club was formed in 1862 for the benefit of local miners. Members made an annual subscription in return for a payment should they break a bone. The money was intended to provide for a surgeon to set the bones. The club subsequently widened to cover anyone who made the annual subscriptions. The club was closed on 30 April 1998 and the remaining funds were donated to Furness General Hospital, St Mary's Hospice, and two Dalton surgeries.
Catalogue levelFonds
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2019