Archive centreCarlisle
ReferenceDB 147
TitleMoore's Garage, Carlisle
DescriptionAnnual accounts, 1920-1957. Riley car sales registers (2) 1928-1955. General car sales register, 1946-1957. Records re purchase of Fisher Street Garage, 1920, & Lowther Street Garage, 1935-1936. Architect's drawings of Moore's Garage, Lowther Street, 1936
Date1920-1957
Extent1 flat box
ContextMoore's Garage was established in 1920 by Thomas Wharton Moore with premises at 7 Fisher Street Carlisle. In 1936 the firm moved to 70-78 English Street (on the corner with Chapel Street). The company sold, serviced and repaired all makes of vehicle, and was the franchised dealer of Riley cars in Cumberland. Thomas Moore died in 1954 and was succeeded as Managing Director by his son, Ronald Moore, who sold the business to S.M.T. in 1957.
Catalogue levelFonds
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2019