Archive centreKendal
ReferenceWDFCM 3
TitleSedbergh Methodist Circuit
DescriptionCircuit plans 1998
Date1847-1996
Access conditionsPlease note that prior notice of at least one week is required to view these records. Please contact Kendal Archive Centre to arrange access.
ContextSedbergh and the surrounding Methodist societies formed part of the Kendal Circuit from the early years of the 19th century until 1860 when the Hawes and Sedbergh Circuit in the Whitby and Darlington District was set up. In 1871 Sedbergh and Hawes became separate circuits. This arrangement continued until 1900 when Sedbergh became part of the Kirkby Stephen, Appleby and Sedbergh Circuit. Finally, at the conference of 1919, by request of the Quarterly Meeting, Sedbergh was once more made a separate circuit.
Catalogue levelFonds
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2019