Archive centreWhitehaven
ReferenceYDB 42
TitleLewthwaite Brothers, undertakers, of Cleator Moor
DescriptionUndertakers business record
Date1928 - 1943
LanguageEnglish
Extent1
ContextThe firm, run by Jim, Harry and William Lewthwaite, commenced business in 1928, and is listed in a 1929 trade directory at the Central Garage, Cleator Moor as `motor engineers, joiners, cartwrights, coach builders, and undertakers'. Lewthwaite Bros. was sold in 1943 to enable Harry Lewthwaite to commence farming in Beckermet; the buses and bus licences were sold to Cumberland Motors, and J A Pickthall and Sons took over the wagon licences.
Related materialLocal Studies files Lewthwaite Bros. and Lewthwaite Family are also available.
Catalogue levelFonds
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2019