Archive centreWhitehaven
ReferenceYDB 72
TitleBank of Whitehaven Ltd
DescriptionPrinted regulations of the Bank of Whitehaven, formulated by John Postlethwaite, Solicitor of Whitehaven.
Date1866
Extent1 booklet
ContextThe Bank of Whitehaven was established in Whitehaven by Messrs T Harltey, M Hartley and S Potter. It was taken over by the Manchester and Liverpool District Banking Company in 1916. This in turn was acquired by the District Bank in 1924, and there were subsequent takeovers by the National Provincial Bank in 1962 and the National Westminster Bank in 1970.
Physical descriptionContains bookplate of Henry Jackson Whiteside, Whitehaven.
Related materialCorporate records for the Bank and its susequent bodies are held by the Royal Bank of Scotland Archives.
Catalogue levelFonds
Subject termsJoint stock banks

Show related name indexes

Persons
CodePerson/Corporate namesDates
NA58Whitehaven; Bank of Whitehaven; 1837-1916; Bankers1837-1916
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2019