Archive centreWhitehaven
ReferenceYDEC 2
TitleSt Bees Theological College
Date1835-1907
LanguageEnglish
Extent14
ContextThe Theological College was founded in 1816 as a training college for non-graduates who wished to become ministers in the Church of England; the vicar of St Bees parish was the ex-officio Principal. The College closed around 1895 and from 1899 most of the trust funds were henceforth used to supplement the endowment of the Benefice of St Bees.
Related materialFor further information see St Bees College 1816-1895 by Trevor Park [36 PAR]. See also YDX 148 for other photographs.
Catalogue levelFonds

Show related name indexes

Show related place indexes

Persons
CodePerson/Corporate namesDates
NAX270St Bees Theological College; 1816-1895; Anglican theological training college1816-1895
Places
CodePlace names
PAX168St Bees/Cumberland
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2020