Archive centreWhitehaven
ReferenceYDFCM 1
TitleWorkington Methodist Circuit
DescriptionRegisters and records.
Date1841-2002
ContextMethodism in Workington: Extant 1771 in a room in Ritson Street, used until 1791 when the first chapel was built in Tiffin Lane. The new church was built in 1840-1843 in Finkle Street. The "New Chapel" later became known as South William Street Church; it was burnt down in 1889, and rebuilt 1889-1890 with a Sunday School building at the rear. The Primitive Methodist circuit was founded in 1823.
Catalogue levelFonds
Subject termsMethodist Church
Methodism

Show related place indexes

Places
CodePlace names
PAX43Workington/Cumberland
PAX88Seaton/Camerton/Cumberland
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2019