Archive centreWhitehaven
ReferenceYDSO 50
TitleSt Bees Girls Friendly Society Guides
DescriptionAdministrative papers, scrap books, photographs and publications
Date1919-1995
LanguageEnglish
Extent6
ContextIn January 1919 a branch of Girls Friendly Society (GFS) Guides was formed in St Bees from existing Girls Friendly Society members. The company started with a membership of 8 Guides. In September 1924 Rangers and Brownies were added. St Bees Trefoil Guild was founded in 1943 - see YDSO 51 for records. Miss Mary McKay, later Mrs Mary Wearing, was a founder member of St Bees Guides and played a key role in the Guide movement in Cumberland. She went on to become Guide Commissioner for Whitehaven Town District.
Catalogue levelFonds
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2019