Archive centreWhitehaven
ReferenceYDSO 51
TitleSt Bees Trefoil Guild
DescriptionMinutes, Registers, administrative Records and publications
Date1949 - 1999
LanguageEnglish
Extent27
ContextThe Trefoil Guild was founded in St Bees in 1943 by Mrs Mary Wearing and was one of the first Guilds in the Country. It was formed for over 21s who wish to continue the friendship and good works first associated with the Brownies, Guides and Rangers but who are unable to be Guilders. Although the Trefoil Guild remains part of the Girl Guides it was recognised as a self-governing organisation in 1952. The St Bees Trefoil Guild held its final meeting on 29 March 1999. Its members have subsequently formed the St Bees Guild, a village organisation which meets for fellowships and to support the Guide movement and other good causes in St Bees.
Catalogue levelFonds
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2019